Wednesday 20 April 2011

Holiday snaps

So I made it back home to the Nilgiri hills after a wonderful and extremely tiring 2 week holiday with the family. As promised here are some photos! Izzy and Mick have some much better ones I am sure.

The trip starts here in the Nilgiris, but who are these dashing young people? and where is the boat that they are obviously dressed up to go sailing on?

 This is me all dressed up for my birthday party, at which we did our best as a group to consume 10 litres of ice cream and 3kg of bananas...
 We then made the journey to Hampi by taxi then night train. Here are a couple found loitering in the banana plantations by the Mango Tree restaurant.
 This is a very large Ganesh as found in Hampi, with a very small Izzy next to it.
This is the view from sunset point in Hampi, at sunset obviously.
 Izzy in one of the Temples of Hampi.
 Beautiful wall painting and beautiful sisters at the Amber Palace in Jaipur.
 Spotted this marching band in Jaipur, they were really keen to have a photo taken.
 This is a painted elephant, obligatory in any Indian holiday photo selection.
 We got a night train to Jaiselmer and Izzy hooked up with some colourful characters..
 This Rajastani city is blue so it must be Jodhpur.
 This is the one photo I took of the Taj Mahal before my camera battery died.
All in all it was a pretty amazing whirlwind tour of the north. It was great to see the Knowles lot although we obviously missed Joe and Jane. Back in the hospital now which is great, it was only two weeks but I missed the place! I will write again soon and I hope you like the holiday pics!

Lots of love,

A x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice,

    These pictures are great - you obviously do quality rather than my bursting files of average! Lovely to see you hope the Indian wedding is a ball. Mick x x

    ReplyDelete